RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION, 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION COURSE
RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC
SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION, 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION
COURSE CODE: GNS 111
COURSE TITLE: USE OF ENGLISH 1
LEVEL: ND 1 TIME: 3 HOURS
USE OF ENGLISH GNS111 COMPUTER SCIENCE 2012/2013
(1). Mention and explain any five aspects of a book.
(2a). Identify the sound that corresponds to the underlined:
i. harm ii. yam iii. foil iv. chair v. unit vi. Leather vii. nephew
(2b). Give the syllabic structure of:
i. hear ii. at iii. slow iv. Please v. glimpse vi. come vi. bread
(3a). Make a sentence each with any two of the main auxiliary verbs.
(3b). Give the plural of the following nous:
i. basis ii. analysis iii. criterion iv. hero v. proof vi. spy vii. stratum viii. Syllabus ix. deer x. formula xi. shelf
4. State the word class of the underlined words in each of these sentences:
- Applications are invited for the post of a cashier
- I had a blazing row with my friend last night
- Pontus will always fast before Easter
- After Lent, the fast ended.
- All the same, the pleasure is mine.
- This weight is quite heavy.
- It weighed heavily on my mind.
5. Indicate with an arrow, the tune in each of these sentences:
- Has he left already?
- What would you like to eat?
- Garri is a type of flour made from cassava.
USE OF ENGLISH GNS111 COMPUTER SCIENCE 2012-2013